Chiropractic Care for Migraines: Does It Work?
Migraines are a common type of headache that affect millions of Americans. Not only are they painful, but they can lead to other symptoms that can wreak havoc on your daily routine, impair your sleep patterns, interfere with your social and work life, and so much more.
Taking medications is often the go-to, but those don’t always stop your pain entirely, and they never rid you of the root cause. Chiropractic care for your migraines may benefit you far more than relying on pills that simply mask your pain.
At our Seattle chiropractic clinics and our Portland chiropractic clinic, we understand that a body out of balance and living with injuries is a body that can’t support you well or function as designed. We know that our chiropractic treatments will naturally promote a healthy body, decrease your pain, and help decrease your migraine frequency and severity safely.
There are various kinds of headaches, and none are all that fun to live with; however, migraines are considered the most painful. When you get a migraine, the blood vessels in the brain expand, and the tissues swell. This surge of pressure causes significant discomfort. Even the slightest turn of your head can spark unbearable pain.
You’ve likely heard someone say that they’re experiencing a migraine, and maybe they are, but, in most cases, migraines are so severe that even leaving the bedroom is impossible.
There are several symptoms that may come with a migraine headache, including:
• Pounding or throbbing pain
• Sight interference (blurred vision)
• Sensitivity to light, noise, touch, and smell
• Pain in the neck or eye(s)
• Jittery or shaking body
When in the throes of a migraine, living life as you usually do is intolerable:
• Inability to look at TV, phone, or computer
• Inability to be in sunlight (or light of any kind)
• Inability to safely drive
• Inability to perform your job or daily routine
• Inability to exercise or eat
• Inability to rest comfortably
• Inability to focus or concentrate
If you’re getting regular migraines that are causing any of the above, chiropractic solutions may be all you need to start considerably improving your life and living with less or no migraine pain.
Chiropractic Solutions for Migraines
Unfortunately, there’s no cure to end migraines once and for all; in fact, the medical community doesn’t know for sure why we get them. Their mysterious nature can be frustrating, but we’ve seen firsthand the impact chiropractic has on managing migraine pain and how it has improved the quality of life for our patients.
With the non-invasive services offered in our clinics, migraine pain may quickly become part of your past.
We provide several solutions that treat your discomfort and all of its accompanying problems and pain points.
• Manual therapy: Utilizing an array of manual techniques, we’ll help improve the range of motion in the neck, back, and shoulders
• Active Release Techniques (ART): Manipulation of the body’s soft tissues in affected areas, encouraging blood and oxygen flow
• Functional rehabilitation: Determine and correct body injuries and imbalances, restore proper function, including posture
• Exercise and stretches: At-home programs that promote good health and strengthening
Our chiropractic solutions for migraines regulate muscle tension and support nerves and joints, helping with blood and oxygen flow throughout the body. Many of our patients suffer from back and neck pain that can lead to migraines. Our care often eliminates migraine pain by curing body irregularities and decreasing all of the adverse effects your headaches cause.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Your Migraines
When the body is allowed to protect and heal itself naturally, harmful medications and hours or days of downtime can be avoided.
There are several benefits of using the safe chiropractic solutions we offer, including:
• Improved immune function
• More energy
• Better focus
• Better overall body function and performance
• Improved quality of life
• Supports a healthy lifestyle
Finding the correct, unique plan for you is our priority.
No matter the techniques needed to improve your headaches and triggers, all of our migraine treatments will help in various ways, including:
• Decreased nerve irritation
• Decreased stress on the nervous system
• Decreased soft tissue tension
• Increased blood and oxygen circulation
• Strengthening the muscles, joints, and ligaments
• Improved balance and alignment
At Tangelo, our goal is to get you better so you can enjoy your life to the fullest. Maximizing your results using holistic chiropractic services is a great way to effectively and efficiently get you active and confident in your body’s health.
Book your appointment today so we can help with your migraines; you deserve to live in comfort.