Naturally Treating Pain in Portland with Chiropractic
Portland is well known for its stunning hikes, rivers, parks, and biking paths, making it an incredible city for outdoor activities. Health-conscious people make up the vibrant area that encourages active lifestyles.
Chiropractic care has become a welcome way to support the community using natural solutions for pain relief and improved sports performance. Working with a local chiropractor, many residents have found relief for both chronic and acute injuries, and because chiropractic is safe and non-invasive, it’s helped those of all ages, abilities, and behaviors.
From healing the body to helping it through recovery and providing guidance and education for keeping yourself safe and strong moving forward, Portland chiropractic care empowers patients and improves lives.
Reasons to Visit Your Portland Chiropractor
Chiropractors can accurately diagnose many conditions and imbalances within the spine and musculoskeletal system. They utilize organic methods that read and assess movement patterns, posture, pain points, and more to determine the cause of discomfort so they can implement a well-working healing strategy.
Common symptoms and injuries a chiropractor can treat include:
- Pain ranging in severity from achiness to intense
- Loss of range of motion, mobility, and flexibility
- Stiffness or weakness
- Burning, tingling, and numbing sensations
- Fatigue and difficulty sleeping
- Arthritis, inflammation, sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries
- Disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, and other disc injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- And many others
Reasons you may experience these symptoms and conditions include:
- Sports injury
- Traumatic events, such as a car accident or slip and fall
- Poor habitual movement patterns or poor lifting technique
- Improper posture, ergonomics, or workstation setup
- Chronic injury
- Poorly healed surgery
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Overuse of targeted tissues or joints, often due to occupation or athletics
- Improper warm-ups and cool-downs before and after physical activity
- Weight gain or pregnancy
- Pushing through pain without the support of a chiropractor
Working with a chiropractor for pain gives you invaluable insight into how to properly move and enables mobility practices while recovering. This is important because movement is typically an essential part of healing; however, you must find the balance between rest and motion to keep yourself safe while vulnerable from injury.
The natural solutions you get with chiropractic are comprehensive, so the body is treated as a whole rather than only focusing on where the pain resides
Chiropractic Services & Solutions in Portland
An experienced Portland chiropractic team offers several services and techniques to promote the most effective healing process for any kind of patient. It’s key to understand the relationships between systems within the body, knowing that an injury in one area can generate symptoms in another.
A chiropractic physical exam will provide vital details on the injury and how it’s affecting your body.
Common chiropractic services and solutions include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Kinesiology taping
- Functional rehabilitation
- Take-home exercises and lifestyle, postural, and movement guidance
- And more
Getting pain-free and healthy is the goal, and your local chiropractor can help make that happen with in-clinic services and take-home education unique to your needs, abilities, and goals. In many cases, proactive chiropractic care can help you avoid injury or re-injury and contribute to faster and safer healing if an injury does occur.
There are so many benefits that come with chiropractic care; some include
- Improved comfort
- Improved joint, soft tissue, and spinal health
- Improved strength, flexibility, and movement patterns
- Natural healing with no reliance on pain medication or aggressive solutions
- Little to no downtime during recovery
- Enhanced overall body function and wellness
- Increased range of motion
- Improved sleep, focus, productivity, energy, and performance
- Reduced mental stress and anxiety
Your overall health and comfort is important to every aspect of your life. Pain can affect everything from work to exercise and should be managed as soon as possible to help you avoid further discomfort or more significant injury.
Let Our Portland Chiropractic Clinic Help You Feel Better & Get Stronger
Our Slabtown chiropractic clinic has worked with numerous patients, all with the aim of living to their fullest. We’re confident we can help you, too. Whether you love exploring the city, the Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls, the Portland Japanese Garden, or the vineyards, our team is prepared to get you moving safely.
Let’s get you the quality of life you deserve. We’re an inviting, energetic group of doctors and therapists that want you to thrive.