How Your Portland Chiropractor Can Heal & Strengthen Your Body
Chiropractic care is one of the most constructive ways to support and empower your body holistically. Whether you’re active or sedentary, younger or older, injured or healthy, your Portland chiropractor can significantly impact how you move and function.
From healing to performance to rehabilitation, working with a chiropractor for a safe, efficient body can give you confidence and contribute to a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle.
This post goes over the following:
• Common injuries a chiropractor can treat
• Chiropractic solutions used to heal and restore the body
• The benefits of chiropractic care
• Why it’s important to lead a healthy lifestyle
Your well-functioning body has many advantages; read on to learn why you should book an appointment with your Portland chiropractic clinic today.
What Can a Chiropractor Treat?
Chiropractors can find, evaluate, and treat injuries and imbalances involving the spine and musculoskeletal system, which consists of the body’s joints and soft tissues (ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves).
Because most of us use our bodies regularly for work, physical activities, and social engagements, to name a few, we often put stress on targeted areas. These pressures can lead to dysfunctions and discomforts. However, chiropractic care can be a huge help.
Common symptoms and conditions a chiropractor can treat include:
• Pain ranging from dull to intense
• Loss of range of motion
• Loss of flexibility
• Stiffness or weakness
• Difficulty sleeping
• Tingling or numbing sensations
• Arthritis, inflammation, sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries
• Disc herniation and other disc injuries
• Plantar fasciitis
• Rotator cuff injuries
• And others
Reasons you may experience these symptoms include:
• Traumatic events, such as a car accident
• Poor habitual movement patterns
• Improper posture, ergonomics, or workstation setup
• Chronic injury
• Workplace accident
• Poor lifting technique
• Poorly healed surgery
• Improper warm-ups and cooldowns
• Weight gain or pregnancy
• Pushing through pain without the support of a chiropractor
The last bullet is important to touch on because many of us are guilty of playing the wait-and-see game when it comes to discomfort. Pain is the only way we have of knowing something on the inside isn’t right, so you should always seek medical attention when it shows up.
Chiropractic is often turned to because of its non-invasive and natural methods. Several chiropractic techniques are typically used to design a comprehensive wellness plan that heals, strengthens, and balances the body.
Chiropractic Solutions in Portland
An experienced chiropractic team will provide many solutions to cater to every kind of person with any kind of chiropractic need.
Common chiropractic solutions include:
• Chiropractic adjustments– a controlled thrust to an affected area will provide the correct position and remove restrictions, often to the spine, but can be applied to almost any joint
• Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization– a tool used over imbalanced soft tissues to improve circulation, balance, comfort, and function
• Kinesiology taping– tape applied over injured tissues that removes pressure and allows tissues to relax and restore
• Functional rehabilitation– a uniquely created exercising and stretching program that helps the body heal quickly and safely as it strengthens
• Take-home exercises and lifestyle guidance– a strategy established based on the patient’s needs, goals, and abilities
• And more
Chiropractors are often the first line of defense for those in pain, but they can also offer lifestyle guidance, support to improve athletic performance, insight into posture, movement, and lifting, and so much more.
Preventative and proactive care can play a pivotal role in injury severity, downtime, healing, flexibility, and overall quality of life.
Other benefits of working with your Portland chiropractor include the following:
• Improved joint, soft tissue, and spinal health
• Improved strength and flexibility
• Natural healing with no reliance on pain medication
• Little to no downtime during recovery
• Enhanced overall body function
• Reduced pain
• Increased range of motion
• Improved sleep, focus, productivity, energy, and performance
• Reduced mental stress and anxiety
If you’re wondering if chiropractic is right for you, there’s truly no reason not to give it a try. With so many incredible benefits, don’t let anything stand in your way.
Let Our Portland Chiropractic Clinic Help You Heal & Thrive
We’ve seen how impactful chiropractic care can be, and we stand by the process and the results. Chiropractic complements a healthy, active lifestyle, which is vital to how your body functions. And if you’re not currently living as well as you should, know that’s it never too late to start.
Reasons you should start living a healthy lifestyle include:
• A more comfortable aging process
• Faster recovery time when injured
• A strong core protects your spine
• Balance provides less risk of falling
• When you live pain-free, you’re happier