Relief for Chronic Pain Through Chiropractic Care
Chronic pain affects millions of people around the world, and over 25% of Americans suffer from some form of it. Whether it’s from leading a sedentary lifestyle, high school football, competitive running, a traumatic accident, or anything else, if you have chronic pain, you understand how debilitating it can be.
Chiropractic care is a safe, effective way to get help for the injury causing your chronic pain. Utilizing numerous natural techniques, you may be able to find the comfort your body has been yearning for.
This article is going over:
• What chronic pain is
• Symptoms of chronic pain
• Who gets chronic pain
• Reasons for chronic pain
• Chiropractic care to end chronic pain
• And more
Don’t let your chronic pain get in the way of your active lifestyle for one more day. Read on to learn more.
What is Chronic Pain?
If you experience pain that lasts more than 12 weeks, it’s referred to as chronic pain. In some cases, the pain has been ongoing for years. This doesn’t mean the pain never wanes; you may experience several different symptoms and severities at different times; however, the pain always returns.
Because numerous conditions can cause chronic pain, symptoms and severities vary.
Common symptoms of chronic pain include:
• Dull aching or throbbing
• Burning sensation
• Stinging sensation
• Radiating pain from one area of the body into another
• Constant stiffness in joints
• Intense pain
• Muscle weakness
• Range of motions loss
• Loss of flexibility
• Inability to sleep comfortably or insomnia
• Mental and emotional stress
• Mood disorders
• Lack of focus, concentration, performance, and productivity
• Loss of appetite
• Lack of energy
• And others
Chronic pain can disrupt your routine, interfere with your physical activity, and make socializing, caring for yourself, and working impossible. Sometimes, these factors cause mental and emotional trauma, including depression and anxiety, which can generate a vicious cycle of illness and even lead to further physical injury.
Why We Get Chronic Pain
Chronic pain can happen anywhere in the body, wherever the improperly treated injury, untreated injury, or dysfunction lies. It can affect anyone at any stage of life, any ability level, and leading any lifestyle.
Many times, you can pinpoint exactly where your pain stems from, but that’s not always the case.
Common causes of chronic pain include:
• Overuse or repetitive use of specific soft tissue groups or joints
• Consistent participation in a sport or exercise
• Trauma such as a sports accident or car accident
• Poor rehabilitation after a surgery
• Improperly treated injury
• Illness, such as arthritis or cancer
• Habitual poor movement patterns
• Regular wear and tear or aging
• Leading an inactive lifestyle
Chiropractic solutions can give you the safe, non-invasive techniques you’re looking for before, during, and after you experience chronic pain.
Chiropractic Care for Chronic Pain
Physical activity is vital to your health, but as any sports-person knows, it puts a lot of pressure on the body. Offering your body support will ensure you remain strong, healthy, and functioning and can reduce your chances of getting chronic pain.
For those who are sedentary, chronic pain can enter your life as well. From improper sitting to poor ergonomics to inadequate diet, you may find yourself with mounting aches and pains that get stronger and last longer as time goes on.
Strengthening and restoring the musculoskeletal system and joints through chiropractic will safely empower the body, reestablish proper movement patterns, and allow your body to claim its full potential.
Common chiropractic solutions for chronic pain include:
• Chiropractic adjustments– manipulations to the spine or affected area that restores placement and reduces stress on nerves or soft tissues not meant to support the undue pressure
• Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization– using industry-designed tools in targeted locations, injured soft tissues will naturally rehabilitate and strengthen so they can function correctly
• Exercise and stretches- from functional rehabilitation in our clinic to take-home exercise programs, you’ll get a uniquely designed plan that promotes overall body health, flexibility, strengthening, and motion to heal your injury and keep it from returning
• Lifestyle guidance- we’ll give insight into how to lead a healthy, active lifestyle so you can find comfort and confidence
• And more
While these solutions treat you physically, mental and emotional enhancement, balance, and overall wellness come with comfort. Pain makes life difficult, so don’t live in it. No matter how long you’ve had your pain, at Tangelo, we want to help.
Tangelo to End Your Chronic Pain
Our team has extensive knowledge regarding how the body should best support you, and we have the chiropractic solutions to ensure we effectively find that support. We know you don’t want to live with chronic pain; it’s affecting you so much.
With the right care, some good guidance, and a can-do attitude, you’ll be moving with less pain and more energy in no time. Ready to get going?